Friday, April 10, 2015

Movie Review: Furious 7

Yes, it's finally here..
Another installment in the popular franchise, Fast and the Furious
The long awaited installment in the popular Fast and Furious film series has arrived!

"we look so cool facing this way"
Personally I was never a fan of this film franchise, I did enjoy couple of its movies individually but I wouldn't go around recommending them to my friends and the people I know to go and watch this movie UNLESS they are into mindless action flicks.

Keep in mind this was Paul Walker's last movie, he died in a horrific car crash in 2013 and to be honest I was quite surprised that the producers even went ahead with making this movie, I thought what was going to happen is either the whole series gets scrapped and left as it is since an integral part of the cast has passed away or re-shoot the film and scrap the scenes he was in, kill off his character off-screen but surprisingly they didn't, they happen to have shot scenes with the late Paul Walker, about half of the movie with him and the remaining scenes were completed by his siblings with the addition of CGI.


Well, now to the movie... I'm not going to spoil much and won't get into the plot, (SPOILER ALERT: UBER UNREALISTIC ACTION SCENES AND PLENTY OF KABOOM-KABOOM EXPLOSIONS) ... The film is amusing to any film-goer who happens to enjoy cars and action films but I'm sure many will dislike the superhuman scenes, where the actors do things that are beyond laws of physics, there are good hand-to-hand fight scenes in the movie, I liked the fight scene between Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, Ronda Rousey who happens to be real-life fighter, has her own fight scene against Michelle Rodriguez when the group goes to Abu Dhabi.

About that, the portrayal of the Middle East in this movie, really annoyed, the whole scenes in UAE showed the same negative stereotypical portrayal the Arab world, stupid scenes with wild parties, filthy rich Arabs, dancers coated in gold wearing nothing but skimpy clothes, I don't get it how UAE officials were fine with that? I understand the whole "modern thingy" and it's an opportunity to show off UAE to the world but in this manner?

No matter how much I bash this movie, there are devoted fans to the fast & furious film series and take the whole franchise very seriously (despite its plot holes and uncountable flaws) but I have to admit I did enjoy the film in a way, it's one of those films that before you begin viewing... You have to switch off your brain, grab your popcorn and enjoy.

Image Sources:

(2013). Retrieved from http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2871602.ece/ALTERNATES/s1023/Paul-Walker.jpg
(2015). Retrieved from http://blogs-images.forbes.com/markhughes/files/2015/04/Furious-7.jpg
(2015). Retrieved from http://fr.web.img1.acsta.net/c_640_360/videothumbnails/15/03/27/12/24/055556.jpg
(2015). Retrieved from https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAtjWQLUYAA73Te.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I do not know why I dont lean to this kind of movies, but your review encouraged me to try and watch it.

    ReplyDelete