Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Salvador Dalí?!

The name says it all, he is my favorite artist of all time!

To those of you who don't know Dalí, he is an artist from Spain, most people know him for the melting clocks. His artworks are known for being very unusual and strange, like if it is something from a dream, he is a pioneer of this kind of art, which is called surrealism.

Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision.
- Salvador Dalí

This is a poster I made (with a lot help from my friend Adnan) as an assignment for my Visual Communication course, it lists four of my favorite artworks of Dalí:
_________

  • The Persistence of Memory, 1931
  • Meditative Rose, 1958
  • City of Drawers, 1936
  • Sleep, 1937

No comments:

Post a Comment