Thursday, March 12, 2015

Smoking Kills..

Yes smoking kills, everyone knows that and this post is not about the dangers of smoking or anything like that, just my opinion about it.

(Note: If you're not a smoker, give yourself a good warm pat on the back and look into the nearest mirror and tell yourselfYOU'RE AWESOME!”)

I just can't standing the habit of smoking, I hate everything about it, even cigarette smoke gives me a headache but most of the time I pretend that I'm alright .. Since some of my closest friends are addicted to smoking, and because of that I'm a second hand smoker, which is worse than actual smoking, I try to keep my distance when they're smoking but that rarely works.

No doubt nicotine is addictive and smokers demand to have their daily dosage of it however from my personal observation, I noticed most smokers are mentally and emotionally attached to it, even if they are not the effects of nicotine withdrawal, they would still smoke, depending on the emotional feelings and mood they're in, the habit is connected to their happiness, sadness. anger, solace, laughter, study and other situations and mental states, for example here in Bayan College, I've seen students who will not go to their classes even if they're late unless they puff a cigarette first, doing such gives them the illusion of being in control and confidence.

To every smoker out there, ask yourself, is it worth it? Killing yourself slowly in this manner? Poisoning the people you care about? The choice is really yours, quitting can be difficult but not impossible. Start from today, begin with cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke, there's more to life than these cancer sticks you put in your mouth everyday.

Image Source:


2 comments:

  1. Last part truly touched my heart, though I fully believe that the issue of smoking is a personal freedom which I have no right to interfere ..
    Well done ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. this expression is really represent us(Non-smokers), Thank you for clarifying this message Faisal, I looked at myself in the mirror and I said" YOU'RE AWESOME" but we always suffer from others and as you told we are the smokers from the other party,cool pen :)

    ReplyDelete